Clatsop County Circuit Court is committed to providing fair, accessible, and timely justice to promote the rule of law, protect individual rights, and resolve conflicts. With our state of the art courtroom technologies we hope to:
- Improve the quality of courtroom litigation
- Reduce litigant costs
- Improve access to justice
- Increase courtroom security
- Strengthen public trust & confidence
- IP videoconference over fibre optic network lines
- Laptop computer connectivity for displaying photos, videos, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Surround sound stereo
- Digital audio and video
- Multichannel digital court record by FTR
- Fiber optic connectivity to Clatsop County corrections facilities
- Integrated phone system
- ADA hearing assistance
- ELMO displays digitally interfaced
- Vortex technology to filter unwanted background noise
- 55” high definition monitor displays
- Wireless internet acces
Courtroom technologies and services are available to parties without cost, subject to the following conditions:
- Advanced scheduling (and availability) of the equipment before the proceeding
- Compliance with all technology requirements of private equipment
Requirements to schedule the following available courtroom technologies are:
- To request an appearance at a hearing via video, the appropriate filing must be submitted to the court as soon as possible, but no later than 5 days prior to the date of the hearing. If requesting a video appearance from a Department of Corrections (DOC) location, please note that in your filing and provide the facility name and inmate’s SID/DOC number.
- If the request is granted for a DOC location, Court Calendaring staff will facilitate setting up and testing the video connection.
- For all other approved appearances by video, contact the Court’s Technical Support at CLT.Tech@ojd.state.or.us.
- Please provide all of the following information:
• name of the person to appear via video
• case number
• video location
• contact person
• IP address
• requesting parties’ names
• date and time of the appearance
- The court will facilitate setting up and testing the video connection prior to the hearing.
- All requests to appear for a hearing via telephone must be preapproved by a Judge.
- A calling card must be presented for long distance calls to be made from the courtroom.
- The courtrooms are restricted to two incoming phone lines. If more than two parties will be attending a hearing telephonically they will need to either:
Conference call together prior to calling into the court
The party requesting the telephonic hearing can provide a conference call for all parties, including the court, to dial into for the hearing. That number must be provided to the court at the time the hearing request is made to the court.
Computer Connectivity and other Audio Visual (ELMO, computer projector, DVD, VHS and CD integrated devices, etc.)
- To reserve ELMO, a computer projector, a screen, or any other specialized equipment, please contact the Court Technical Support at CLT.Tech@ojd.state.or.us with your request. Include the case number, requesting party’s name, and the approximate date and time of the hearing.
- To use your laptop computer to connect to the courtroom technologies for Power Point presentations, to display digital video images, or to transmit digital audio, please note the following technical requirements:
- Laptop computers, camera, projectors or similar devices connect to the Court system with a VGA, S-video, RCA or 3.5mm cable.
- A wireless network is available in most areas of the courthouse.
- Big screen monitor displays, DVD and VHS players are available in all courtrooms.