Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


Oregon Judicial Department Case Management System

Through 2016, the Oregon Judicial Department (OJD) is implementing a new automated case management and document management system, including electronic filing, throughout the state circuit (trial) courts. During this time, some courts will be on the former case management system (Oregon Judicial Information Network (OJIN)) while others will be on the new systems (Oregon eCourt Case Information Network (OECI) and its accessory systems). 

This means that 1) what information is available and 2) how to access information will vary depending on the local system in use.  To find out what case management system is in use for the Circuit Courts and Appellate Courts. See "List of Courts".

Accessibility and ADA Accommodation

To review OJD accessibility or to request an accommodation under the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) to access court or OJD services.

State Court Website Information

To view what is available, read "State Court Website Information"

Click on the following subject matter (links) to electronically access information about each subject.

Other Courts

Justice and Municipal Courts

Technical Assistance

The following email address and phone number is for reporting technical problems only. To report a technical problem with our website, please call our help desk at 503.986.5582 or send an email to:

If you need help with something other than a technical problem on our website, please review the FAQs below.


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


Do you have court fee schedules online?

Yes. See our Fee Information page.

How do I inspect or request copies of public records?

The Office of the State Court Administrator has a policy and request form to help people request public records and to help state court staff provide public records. View "Request for Public Records".

Where can I get information about a circuit court calendar schedule, court case, copies of court records, services online, and other courts?

Circuit Court Calendars

Most courts have local web pages and will list their case calendars on their web pages but we do not have public web-based online access to our case records yet except at the physical courthouse location public terminals.  You may visit any circuit court courthouse public terminal for this purpose. There are also links from OJD’s main website to daily Circuit Court Calendars and Register of Actions (see the Court Calendars section in the lower left corner).  The calendar information display will vary depending upon the case management system in use.

Phone or In-Person Contact

Contact the particular court. Our web page has a directory of Judges and Trial Court Administrators for the Circuit Courts (look under the Circuit Courts link).

Court Case Registers and Court Case Records

OJD Case Management System and OJCIN OnLine

    At present, we do not have public web-based online access to our case registers and case records.

    You can access OJIN and OECI register of actions (case records and documents on OECI) at a local circuit court for free to view on the courts public access terminals (computers). You also may subscribe to OJCIN OnLine, which offers on-going access to certain records for a monthly fee, see more about Services OnLine below.  While you must use the public terminal in the same court for OJIN information in a particular court; for OECI records, you can search any circuit court’s case registers and public documents from any court location’s public terminal that is on the new system. 

    We charge for print and electronic copies of records. Charges depend on the number of pages, the medium provided in, and whether you want the court to certify the copies.

    If necessary, you may call the circuit courts to ask them whether they will search records for you and what the cost is for the type of records search that has a cost attached. Refer to trial court locations for a list of contact information for each court. You may sort the list alphabetically by location.

Services Online

OJCIN OnLine (Oregon Judicial Case Information Network) is the official website of the register of actions (and any other case records) for the State of Oregon Judicial Department and includes OJIN (Oregon Judicial Information Network); OECI (the new Oregon eCourt Case Information Network); and ACMS (Appellate Case Management System). 

You may access OJCIN OnLine if you subscribe to OJCIN OnLine, which is fee-based access, or you may visit the local circuit court courthouse and use the free public access terminals to access that information.  Here is information on how to subscribe to OJCIN OnLine.

As noted, case information is available to view for free online or on public access terminals at the circuit court courthouses, on the public access terminals as follows:

  • Circuit courts using OJIN  - Case information is available at the circuit court courthouse for the county in which the case is filed. 
  • Circuit courts using OECI  - Case information for all OECI courts may be accessed at any circuit court courthouse.  Courts currently using OECI are listed on this OECI map.

Other Courts (Justice and Municipal Courts)

For information on cases in justice court or municipal court, you should contact that court for information. Although those courts are not part of the state court system, we have a list of them on our website:  Justice/Municipal Court Registry of Courts and Judges.

Where can I get information about the Supreme Court, Court of Appeals (Appellate Courts) and Tax Court?

The Appellate Courts and the Tax Court have web pages and list their case calendars on their web pages but we do not have public web-based online access to our case records yet except at the physical courthouse location public terminals.  Click on the following courts to access their web pages - Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, and Tax Court.

Appellate Courts and Tax Court Calendars

Click on the following courts to access daily calendars for the Supreme Court Calendar, Court of Appeals Calendar, and Tax Court Calendar.  The calendar information display will vary depending upon the case management system in use.

Phone or In-Person Contact

Click on the following courts to access contact information for the Supreme Court, Court of Appeals (including the Appellate Settlement Conference program); and Tax Court.

Appellate Courts and Tax Court “Case Registers and Case Records”

The Appellate Court Records Section (ACRS) serves as the case processing office for both the Oregon Supreme Court and the Court of Appeals, and manages the records of all cases on appeal to both courts.

In July of 2009, in addition to the conventional method of receiving documents, the ACRS began receiving and processing case documents and filing fees via a new electronic filing (eFiling) system, and has been working with eFiling customers to help ensure a smooth transition.  At this time, Appellate Court eFiling is only available to Oregon bar-admitted attorneys.  

Appellate Courts and Tax Court case information is available to view for free at the courthouses on the public access terminals.  We charge for copies of records. Charges depend on whether the requested record is stored and/or requested in paper or electronic format, whether the record is transmitted by electronic or other method, the number of pages requested, and whether you want the court to certify the copies.

Appellate courts (ACMS)  - Case information and public access terminals for the Oregon Court of Appeals and the Oregon Supreme Court may be accessed at the Appellate Court Records Office, 1163 State Street, Salem, OR  97301. Public access terminals are located in the Appellate Court Records Office’s.  Subscriptions to ACMS are also available. The public may access an appellate court case register remotely, however, access to appellate court documents is not currently available remotely.

Oregon Tax Court - Magistrate Division and Regular Division (OJIN) - Case information for Tax Court may be accessed in person at the Tax Court, in the Robertson Building, 1241 State Street, Salem, OR 97301.  Public access terminals are located on Floor 3R.

Appellate Court Media Releases

Media releases that announce appellate court decisions and less regular news releases and announcements about activities, programs, and events in the state court system. Each appellate court issues a media release and posts it online at the same time it publishes the opinions online. You may subscribe for the free RSS feed to receive new notices automatically by checking that box.

Opinions Online

Supreme Court Opinions
Court of Appeals Opinions
Tax Court Regular Opinions
Tax Court Magistrate Opinions

Where do I go if I have a problem or question about an OJD public online service?

Click on the following subject to access information to report a problem or ask questions about OJD public online services.

OJCIN OnLine - view judgment dockets and the offical Case Register of Actions
OJD Courts ePay - pay on a circuit court case
OJD eFiling - electronically file in the circuit courts
Appellate eFile - electronically file in the Court of Appeals

Where can I get court forms?

We have certain statewide court forms available online.   Additionally, local circuit court forms may be available on their court website or available at the courthouse.

Check our Forms page for the statewide forms that we publish online, including limited interactive forms (iForms). If you do not find what you are looking for on our Forms page, we do not publish the form; you will need to look elsewhere.  Here are some places to look:

  • The trial court or appellate court where you expect to file the form. Check the rules that apply to that court. For example, some forms for state trial courts are published in the Uniform Trial Court Rules. Some are published in the Supplementary Local Rules of individual circuit courts. Some trial courts publish their own forms on their own websites. 
  • The Court of Appeals publishes some appellate forms.

    Unless a rule says that all state courts must accept a form that we publish online, you should check with the court where you plan to file to ask whether that court accepts our online forms. 
  • The OJDs Self Help page has links to resources for users who want to learn more about the law and courts or who want to represent themselves in a legal matter. Self-help information is not legal advice. Oregon law prevents us from offering legal advice to the public. 
  • The Oregon State Bar Public Information pages.
  • The Division of Child Support in the Department of Justice for forms related to child support enforcement.
  • Publishers that publish legal forms online, generally for a fee, and through stationery stores that sell legal forms, such as Stevens-Ness in Portland, Oregon. We have not reviewed their forms or their websites for accuracy and make no recommendation on whether to use their forms. Again, please check with the court where you plan to file to determine whether that court accepts preprinted forms from legal publishers.

Although we publish some forms online, we do not accept documents filed by fax.

Here is information on the most commonly requested forms:

  • Family law forms and information - Check our Family Law homepage for forms and ask the local court whether the court accepts the forms (the court's website may tell you).
  • Small claims forms and information - For information on small claims procedures see the Oregon State Bar Public Information pages. They have a small claims pamphlet online. We publish four (4) small claims forms online for plaintiffs’ use. We do not publish all the forms a plaintiff may need in a small claims case. Please review chapter 15 of the Uniform Trial Court Rules and any related Supplemental Local Rules for the court where you plan to file your claim; the forms are in the Appendix, form numbers, 15.0101a, b, c, and d. We have no statewide forms for defendants to use in small claims cases. Your local court may have defendants' forms online or available at the courthouse. Publishers of legal forms offer small claims forms for plaintiffs and defendants. You can do a web search for "small claims legal forms" to find some of those resources. We have not reviewed those websites or the information and forms they provide. We make no recommendation about their products.
  • Name Change - For information on how to petition to change one’s name or a child’s name, see the Oregon State Bar Public Information pages on Family Law. We do not publish forms for name changes. Some local courts may have sample forms available online. Publishers of legal forms offer those forms. You can do a web search for "name change legal forms" to find some of those resources. We have not reviewed those websites or the information and forms they provide. We make no recommendation about their products.
  • Expungement Forms to Clear my Juvenile or Criminal Record

See below for, How do I clear my juvenile or criminal record?

How do I file a language access complaint?

If you were denied appropriate language access to Oregon Judicial Department Services, we want to hear about it right away. If you have a complaint, please fill out the Language Access OnLine Complaint Form.

I received a jury summons, and…

  • I no longer live in Oregon and want be excused. or
  • I have a conflict and want to defer jury service to another time. or
  • I want to be excused for another reason.

May I use email to ask the court to excuse or defer my jury service?

Possibly, many courts are using an online response system, which gives jurors more options for communicating with the court about jury service.  Those courts will include specific instructions in their summonses on how to respond using the online system.  Each court also provides a postal address on the jury response card and a phone number and address on the summons. The jury summons will explain how you may request to be excused or to defer service to a more convenient time. Please note that only the particular court, not the central administration office, can defer or excuse jury service, so you need to contact the court that summoned you.

We appreciate Oregon citizens’ work as jurors. We can’t do justice without you. Our courts work hard to accommodate requests to defer jury service when service at a certain time would be a hardship. Because the court may not be able to accommodate last-minute requests without summoning more jurors, please contact the court as soon as possible if you need to ask the court to defer or excuse jury service.

I have moved out-of-State, what do I need to do to update my information?

When you have moved out of state and receive a summons, please send the court updated address information and ask to be excused.

Because our juror summonses are based on lists received from the Oregon Division of Motor Vehicles (driver license and ID card information) and the Secretary of State (voter registration information), please also update your address information with Oregon Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV), see link below.  DMV has a form available that updates your address and that will also update your voter’s registration.  This is the best way to ensure that you do not receive a summons in the future.

DMV OnLine Services

For more information on jury service in Oregon, see Juror Info.

Where can I find information for crime victims?

The Oregon Department of Justice Crime Victims' Assistance Section (CVAS) provides funds to counties and cities where prosecuting attorneys maintain approved victims' assistance programs. These funds come from the unitary assessment monies charged to people convicted of crimes and violations. The Department of Justice (office of the state Attorney General) website has a Crime Victims Assistance section with extensive information and contact information for programs in each county. Many county government and district attorney websites have information on local crime victim’s assistance programs. Those websites are separate from circuit court websites.

How do I clear my juvenile or criminal record?

State law authorizes courts to set aside and seal the records of some arrests and convictions, but not all. The Oregon State Bar website has some information on clearing your record. Click on Public Information, and then click on Criminal Law. Consult your lawyer if you have questions about whether you are eligible to ask the court to clear your record.

Neither the Bar's site nor ours has forms for filing a motion to expunge your record. Some local courts may have sample forms available online. Publishers of legal forms may offer those forms. You can do a web search for "Oregon expungement forms" to find some of those resources. We have not reviewed those websites or the information and forms they provide. We make no recommendation about their products.

The Oregon State Police also have information about the expungement process and where to get forms

If you need copies of the documents in the case file to show that you completed all conditions, contact the court directly to get information about the cost and how to order those documents. You can find contact information for each circuit court on our Courts page under State Trial Courts.

How do I obtain a copy of my Criminal History?

The procedure is available at the Oregon State Police, “How do I obtain my criminal history”.

Where can I find OJD Statistics and Other Reports?

From 2012-2016, the circuit courts are transitioning from a 1980's COBOL-based case management system (OJIN) to its Oregon eCourt system.  This means annual individual court or statewide reports will not be fully reported again on this website until 2017. The Judicial Department, however, also posts other reports, such as the strategic plans, and annual reports on the state of Oregon courts and their work.

How do I request a certificate of good standing for an Oregon attorney?

Certificates of good standing for attorneys licensed to practice law in Oregon are available from the Oregon Supreme Court at no charge. An attorney (or attorney's representative) may request one or more certificates by telephone, post, or email.

I have a question about Oregon law.

Although state law prohibits our judges and court staff from advising you on legal questions, we can provide general information. See our We Can Help / Podemos Ayudar page for the kinds of information court staff can provide.

If you have general questions about Oregon law or need legal advice, check the Oregon State Bar website. Click on “For the Public” and then click on Public Information Home, where you can find a lot of information on various legal matters, how to find legal help, and low-cost legal services that may be available.

The State of Oregon Law Library is a great resource for more in-depth information on state and federal law.  (Again, the staff cannot give legal advice but can answer many questions).

You can also find state statutes (ORS), administrative rules (OAR), and the state Blue Book online through the State of Oregon Web Portal.

I can't open documents in PDF format.

If you have trouble viewing a Portable Document Format (PDF) file on one of our web pages, please try the following:

  • Ensure that you have the latest version of a good PDF reader or viewer. You can download the latest free Adobe Acrobat Reader from the Adobe website.

You can find other available readers or viewers on the web, including open source software that works with various operating systems.

  • If you are not connected to a high-speed connection, such as DSL, cable modem, or LAN or if you access our site with a dial-up modem, we recommend that you first download the PDF to your computer and then view it using the Acrobat Reader software.
  • Before downloading, check to see that you have enough disk space available on your computer for the PDF file. If you need help to access a PDF file because you have a disability, see our Accessibility page.

Other Help?

If you need help immediately with something other than a technical problem on our website, you may call the Office of the State Court Administrator at 503.986.5500 for general information referral or information about state court administration. Please remember, however, that by law, we cannot provide legal advice.