Skip to Main Content

Sexual Abuse Protective Order (SAPO) Forms

A Sexual Abuse Protective Order (SAPO) is available in certain cases where a person was subjected to unwanted sexual abuse by another person who is not a family member or intimate partner.
For more information about applying for, modifying, or renewing a SAPO, you can call your local Victims’ Assistance Program (VAP) or community-based (non-profit) sexual assault or domestic violence program to get help in deciding whether to ask the court for a SAPO and to do safety planning.  Advocates can discuss information that may be important for you to consider in deciding whether to seek a SAPO.  For information regarding sexual violence resources, you can visit the following resources: 

Also, if you have questions about how the law works or what it means, talking to a lawyer may be helpful.  If you need help finding a lawyer, you may call the Oregon State Bar’s Lawyer Referral Service at 503.684.3763 or 800.452.7636. 

Once completed, you should file the forms with the clerk of your local court.

Packet 1 - Obtaining a Sexual Abuse Protective Order (Operative 1/1/14)
Packet 2 - Modifying a Sexual Abuse Protective Order (Operative 1/1/14)
Packet 3 - Renewing a Sexual Abuse Protective Order (Operative 1/1/14)

Uniform Trial Court Rule 2.100 establishes procedures for segregating certain confidential personal information.